Probablly the most bashed on country in the world.
Things you should know:
1. Yes, we are aware the term "American" can be used for anyone living in North or South America. The term "British" can be used for someone from Scottland, Ireland, or England. What else do you want us to call ourselves, United-Statesians? Besides, I don't see you calling people from Brazil or Argentina or Cuba American anyways. Why should we?
2. Yes, we are aware our President shows serious signs of mental retardation. All goverments have their problems.
3. We're not stupid. We don't go around speaking "American", laughing at all other "American" speaking countries thinking they stole the idea from us.
4. We're not all crazy extremists or blind conservatives.
5. Your country probally produces almost as much pollution as ours, and seeing as the US is about 3,718,695 cm2 (9,631,420 km2; gasp! an American knowing about the metric system? unheard of!) large and has 302,431,000 citizens, we're not doing that bad.
6. Celsuis- Farheniet, Meters- feet, Pounds- killograms. Gallons- liters. We use both you know.
7. We don't hate all Canadians, Brits, Cubans, and Japaneese people. We don't think all Muslims are terrorists. No matter what Bush says, we most definitely don't eat "freedom fries". We don't all support Iraq. We don't think Pakistan is in Africa.
8. Just because we can't trace our ancestors in America back for 329 years, it doesn't mean we love our country less.
9. Patrioism is never a bad thing. Even if you lived in the crappiest country in the world, it's still your country.
10. No, we don't think everyone in the world celbrates July Fourth with us.
11. We don't eat McDonald's everyday or drive five cars.
12. Not everyone speaks like their from Texas. There are forty-nine other states you know.
13. We don't think we're better than you.
14. Lastly, half the people that bash us are allies with us. Our country has relations in more than half the world. Most likely, we're best friends.
British: "They're bloody pricks too. Look at Bush."
French: "Look at Iraq. What a dumb mistake."
American: "Dude, we know our president's an ass."